Sunday, May 2, 2010

Field vs. Box Lacrosse


This year is will be my third year of playing lacrosse, but when I say lacrosse most of you think of in an arena, short stick lacrosse with cross-checks and no-slashing. But there is this other thing called field lacrosse where some people of the field have 6 foot long stick and you can slash like crazy if the ball is 9 feet away from you. But I still don’t know all the tips and tricks of field yet, because this is my first year. So from two years of experience in box and four weeks of field experience, I’m going to try to compare the two sports.
Now when I first started field lacrosse, I didn’t know a thing about it other than thinking it was the same rules, basically, as box. But was I wrong! There are ten guys on the field versus the six on the floor and if you’re within nine feet of the ball, you can do pretty much anything to the person your beside. Now, being a big kid, I love the rule of pretty much cranking anybody, even without the ball, but some little kids are dirty so its not very pleasant, and I like having a full football field to run around on. So there are some of the differences between box and field lacrosse.
But box I think box is still much better and more awesome than field because… ah because… I don’t know but its just more fun, I guess its because it has that hockey atmosphere and you guys know how much I love hockey so there! And stop bugging me about it! Sheeeesh!
This week I commented on The Answer: 42's Blog on Xbox Failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment