Monday, April 26, 2010

A Blog on Blogs!

Back in grade 6, we had to write five journals each term, and I was struggling to get two paragraphs done on a ten-paragraph assignment. Now I’m in grade 8, although I do think blogs are a better idea than journals, but the problem is you need a lot of ideas! And I’m out of them! I’ve written about poverty, different quotes, about life, YouTube videos and all the way to funny bones and the NHL playoffs (which by the way are in full swing each night!). So, without further ado, I’ll start on my blog on blogs.

The definition of blogs, on Dictionary.com, is an online diary; a personal chronological log of thought published on a web page. But what I think a blog’s definition should be much simpler, a way to express what you like, what you don’t like and the things in between. If you have read most of my past blogs, they either relate to those things or, they are an assigned one that didn’t go so well (sorry!). But if you look at any blog on the web, read the first blog and the newest blog, you will see major improvements in the writing. So blogs can trash things, blogs can praise things, but sometimes they can be both, traisers (or is it prashers?? I don’t know you comment on the better one).

So there it is, a blog on blogs. Now that can be a confusing title, but trust me wasn’t it a good, successful, entertai… ah never mind, was it good or not. Just comment, Wyatt!

This week I commented on Will's Blog.

1 comment:

  1. Thats a good post. I see the similarities between a blog and journal entries and I also agree that you need to have a lot of ideas. I think I did a post like this once but it was more about requesting not to do it. I also think that these blogs are a way to trick us into writing the equivalent to a journal entry each week by making it sound fun. (if that made sense)
    ~tristan

    ReplyDelete